Thursday, December 13, 2012

Number One!


So this is my first blog post ever! Pretty exciting.
I started this blog mainly as a place to write my adventures in Ecuador so my friends and family can see what I'll be up to. And then when I return I hopefully will keep it up.
In exactly 8 days I will be on a plane headed to Quito, Ecuador.


I am going with an organization called Orphanage Support Services. Or OSSO for short. There I will be working in an orphanage and basically just caring for and loving kids all day long. These poor kids have been abandoned by their parents for numerous different reasons so I get the privilege of stepping in and acting as their mother for 2 months. To say I am excited is an understatement. 
I found out about this program through my friend and roommate Hillary. She went in 2011 for 4 months and just raved on and on about it. I have always wanted to do some sort of serve abroad so as I talked more about it with her I decided to seriously look into it. Then I decided that this was for me and signed up as quickly as possible. 


In this link you will find a short video about the organization and more about it. 

I can't wait for the adventure ahead of me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment