Monday, June 23, 2014

June 9

Hey hey hey! 

Another great week come and gone.. whats new? 

I guess the most exciting news is that K got baptized on Saturday! It was a fabulous day and we are so happy for her. She will be able to find so much comfort in this gospel. Its truly amazing to be responsible for other people being able to receive the blessings of the gospel! 

We went on exchanges this week with some sister that serve in Cary. I spent the time in Cary. We had a great time! I set a goal at the beginning of the transfer that I wanted some kind of miracle to happen while on exchanges to give the other sisters a good experience. I am grateful for Heavenly Father helping with that goal. While in Cary we had an appointment set up for that night. They ended up not being home. We then went to about 4 other houses and all the back up plans and no one was home! It was an easy situation to be frustrated in but we kept going. We felt inspired to try one more person. We knocked on the door and nobody answered. We knocked on the door again and no response. Then a pizza guy walked up to deliver this house some pizza. We knew they would answer the door to the pizza guy. So he called and they came to the door. The woman who answered was very surprised to see all of us. She took the pizza then invited us in. After we introduced ourselves all she kept saying was "who sent you here?". She started crying and began telling us that she was at the end of her rope. She is in a very demanding position right now and just didnt think she could take it any longer. She said that she was losing faith and asked God to send somebody. We were there for her and she knew it was an answer to her prayers. Its always a great feeling to be an answer to somebody's prayer and to be exactly where the Lord wants you to be. 
Being in Cary was fun but it made me realize how much I love Garner! Cary is a city and many people there have come from other places, mainly New York and New Jersey. We were walking around dowtown Cary and saying hi to everyone we passed like we always do. But in Cary nobody said anything back! I was blown away. In Garner everyone always says hi back and many people will start up a conversation. I am grateful for my country town and for the true southern hospitality here. It might be full of bugs and some crazy cat lady hoarders but I love it! 
Speaking of Garner we found out Sister Langarica will be getting transfered on June 17th and I will be getting a new companion. I will still be a sister leader with my new companion. I am excited for a new companion and for the many more good times to come! I have no idea who it is and wont find out until the day of. 

We have been riding bikes a ton lately. I love it! We even rode our bikes to church yesterday. We love to ride our bikes in the evening starting at about 6. The weather is absolutely perfect! And the lightning bugs have started coming out so we see them lighting up all over the place. Its so beautiful. The mosquitoes are also joining them and my legs have been getting the wrath. Thats not fun but oh well. The weather has definitely warmed up but I haven't died of heat yet so we are good. Not looking forward to the long summer days. And so far I love the humidity! 

We are having a zone conference this week with a General Authority coming! We are really excited for that opportunity. It will be Elder Corbridge of the 70. Lots of things to look forward to! 

I hope you all have a great week and always remember how much God loves each of you and he is truly in every detail of your lives! 
"We all search for happiness and we all try to find our own 'happily ever after'. All you have to do is trust your Heavenly Father. Trust Him enough to follow His plan." - Dieter F. Uchtdorf


Thanks for all the love and support! 

Love, 
Sister Judd 

No comments:

Post a Comment