Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Quito tour


For free Friday this past week we went on a double decker tour bus around Quito. It was 3 hours long and it was was fun to learn more about the history of Quito and see some more cool places. I took tons of pictures so enjoy. 

Here we are on the bus ready to go. 



This is really what all of Quito looks like. Every house is square and some are painted really cool colors. 

The first place that we chose to get off the bus to look around was the Basilica. 

It was very very beautiful. So many little details.






We climbed to the top of one of the spirals. It was so beautiful to look out. I felt like I could see forever. 


A view from the bus. 

Do I look like a total tourist?! 

A beautiful statue on top of a mountain that overlooks all of Quito. I see it everyday and it was so cool to be up by it and look down on everything. 

We spotted the orphanage from standing up by the statue. I zoomed in as best as I could. Look for the patch of grass with a diagonal sidewalk going through it and that little square lot is the orphanage. 

Me and Karissa in front of the bus. 



We drove by the Basilica again and I got a picture where the whole building fit. 

This wasn't part of the tour but this is one of my favorite views from our drive to and from the orphanage. I love all the different colors and the houses are literally stacked on each other going up the hill. 
Quito sure is beautiful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment