Monday, September 30, 2013

#4



Hello All!!
Fall is quickly approaching here in North Carolina! The weather is very nice and cooling significantly down. I am so grateful I never had a horribly hot day here. Next summer I'm sure I will be in for a treat.
I'm sure you all saw the exciting news, I am now on Facebook! As the world is changing and people are spending more time on the internet than wanting to actually have a face to face conversation we are now implementing online proselyting. We spend an hour a day doing missionary work online. We had to do an 11 step process to get our facebooks "missionary approved". Use your facebook as an easy way to do missionary work! Feel free to share anything I post and let your friends and families know about the things you believe. You will be surprised by the outcome, I can promise you that.
This week we got to go on exchanges. Me and Sister Fullmer were split up and put with another sister for 24 hours. I stayed here in Wake Forest and was the senior companion and in charge! It was just a little but stressful. I didnt realize how much Sister Fullmer and I rely on each other. It was great to see and prepare for a different companion but right now I will continue to be so thankful for Sister Fullmer and our wonderful companionship.
This week while I have been studying the scriptures I have really been noticing how much protection we can receive if we depend on our Savior Jesus Christ. This is a crazy world we are living in! And things are only going to get worse. In Helaman 5:12 it states "when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea his shafts on the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and mighty storm shall beat upon you" Now notice it doesnt say if. It says when. Satan is trying to get ahold of all the people he can. He wants this world to be miserable. Continuing on in that scripture is says " It is upon the rock of our Reedemer, who is Christ, that ye must build your foundation. Which is a sure foundation. A foundation wheron if men build, they cannot fall." If we rely and turn to Christ Satan will have "No power over us" And then Heavenly Father promises in 2 Nephi 9:18 "they who have endured the crosses of the world.. their joy shall be full forever" In a world where society doesnt honor promises it is so comforting to know that Heavenly Father will never break a promise! As long and we are doing what he has asked. As long as we are bearing our own crosses of the world, whatever they may be for each of us, and turning to our Savior for comfort we will have joy forever!
I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I have seen in my own life how turning to him brings more comfort than anything else. I have felt more joy than any worldly thing can bring when I have turned to Jesus and relied on His teachings!
I am so grateful for this opportunity I have to be a missionary. I wouldnt be out here if I didnt think what I was doing was beneficial or bringing myself and others closer to Christ. I am sacrificing 18 months of my life because I can see the joy that I bring into peoples homes when I tell them that they have a loving Heavenly Father and that they can be forgiven for their sins and have joy in this life full of sorrow and sin. And the same for all of you.
Love,
Sister Judd 

No comments:

Post a Comment