Monday, September 30, 2013

Sept 30

Good morning friends and family!!
I am now the big 20! yay! Thank you all for your birthday wishes and cards and packages. I will be getting thank you letters out today so look forward to those. I had a fabulous missionary birthday! 
Woke up and did our normal morning routine. Which is 6:30 alarm goes off. Sister Fullmer has a cool alarm clock that you can change the sounds. Well one of the options is the Happy Birthday song so I got to enjoy waking up to that. We then have exercise from 6:45-7:15. Usually we run around our apartment complex but I told Sister Fullmer I was not running on my birthday. So we walked down to the bike trail that goes all around the city and enjoyed the beautiful fall morning. Then we came back to get ready and eat breakfast. While I was getting ready Sister Fullmer made me breakfast. Waffles and eggs. It was delicious. Best companion ever! Then we had our study time from 8-9. Then every Wednesday we have district meeting. Its a meeting with other missionary companionships and we talk about our week and how we can help each other. I love these meetings. I decided to bring donuts to celebrate my birthday. Felt like elementary school again. They all sang to me and we had a great meeting. Then we had lunch and went out and worked. Nothing too exciting there. 

Then we had an appointment with B. And I got a birthday wish, we were finally able to meet her parents! We always just meet with B outside on her porch and have never even seen her parents. But today for some reason they decided to come out and we met them! It was so nice to talk to them and see where they stood as of B being baptized. Miracle number 1! Then after that we had a dinner appointment with a family in the ward. Well they found out it was my birthday and had a little party for me. They decorated their house and we had a delicious dinner. Then we of course had cake and ice cream and they sang to me. I felt so loved by a family I have only known for a short few weeks. I love how this gospel can bring families and strangers so close together! The night before my birthday no one had signed up for dinner and Sister Fullmer and I were both craving Texas Roadhouse rolls. We decided since it was my birthday we could celebrate. We went in and ate probably too many rolls then ordered a cheap meal and split it. Then we got dessert cause it was my birthday! It was a fun, super cheap, celebration. All in all it was a fabulous day!
This was just a fabulous week all around! Another miracle filled week. Our investigator M and her son (who I think I talked about in one of my first emails) accepted to be baptized! October 26! We are so excited for them and cant wait to continue seeing the gospel bless their life! Its so amazing what this gospel can do for people. M is just glowing more and more every time we see her!
On Friday we held a church tour. We have been having a problem with our investigator not coming to church. So we thought a tour of the church building would help them be more comfortable. We planned in on Monday and throughout our week we invited probably 25 people. Well when Friday came around 4 people showed up. (life of a missionary) But 4 was all we needed! It was B, HER PARENTS, and C, a new investigator elders gave us. We were so so excited to have B's parents come. The tour went so well! The spirit was so strong and we were able to answer all of their questions, and comments, and bring truth to rumors they have heard. It was truly miraculous. And best of all, B's mom asked for a Book of Mormon at the end.
Our prayers are being answered and we are really hoping B's baptismal date of of October 19 will be allowed.
Saturday was a beautiful day so we decided to bike instead of drive. We had been biking all day and really had no success. No one was home of the doors we had planned to knock or they told us they were not interested. Typical but we were hoping for good things. We didn't get discouraged though and kept on going. Well we were 5 minutes away from where we parked our car to then go to our dinner. We hear "hey, LDS!!" And a girl starts running towards us. She starts talking to us and says she got baptized in 2002. She says it always brightens her day when she sees the missionaries. She then tells us her mom just moved away and she is living out of a hotel trying to save up to by a house. She has been inactive for a while but that "there is no such thing as coincidences" and she was so happy to see us. She told us she wanted to start coming back to church but had no ride. We were able to get her information and we made plans to start visiting her. I know we were blessed because of our hard work and diligence. It may take riding our bikes all day long to find someone to help but I would do it all over again just for her. Heavenly Father put us in her path that day and I am grateful for the opportunity I have to bless other peoples lives.
Heavenly Father knew what that girl needed in her life. And He knows what I need, and He knows all of your needs! He knows the big picture. He is waiting with blessings and answers, all we have to do is simply ask! The power of prayer is incredible. Pray! Heavenly Father want to hear from YOU! I know that to be completely true.
We get to go to the temple On Friday!! I am so excited for that. Also General Conference this weekend! I am excited to hear from out living day prophet Thomas S. Monson.
Hope you all have a wonderful week! You are all in my prayers.
Love, 
Sister Judd 

No comments:

Post a Comment