Thursday, October 17, 2013

October 14

Hello!!
Well I am still here and alive. Hurricane Karen didnt come into Wake Forest too strong. A week full of rain but that's about it.
Just ended week 1 of my 2nd transfer. Today marks my 2 month mark! I can not believe how fast time is flying! Only 16 more months left of my mission and the rest of eternity to think about it. To say I am loving this experience would be an understatement. I could not think of anything else I would rather be doing right now. Of course sleeping in for an extra hour would be nice or sitting down to watch tv would be relaxing but I can do that for the rest of my life. For this 18 months I get to wake up every single day with a purpose. I get to serve others and bring happiness into peoples lives. It is the most rewarding and life changing experience. I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for sending me here and blessing me with this opportunity. I feel as though I am on cloud 9! Even during the moment this week as we were walking up to a house and before we even got to the porch the lady we were coming to visit runs out and yells at us to stop harassing her.. oh well.
This week has been wonderful. We have been preparing for C to be baptized! Yes, this Saturday October 19 C will be getting baptized. We are SO EXCITED! She is truly prepared and we were placed in her path for a reason! Her life has made a complete 180 from when we first met her. She is happier than ever before and she will continue to be blessed throughout her life as she continues on the right path.
We had a mission home fireside last night. All missionaries are welcome but the catch is you have to bring an investigator or a recent convert. Well luckily C was able to go so we attended. Our President spoke for a little and then he opened the time up to have the investigators and recent converts bear their testimony. It was remarkable. The testimonies of these new members is such an example to me. They are so simple and full of so much power and spirit. C bore her testimony first and she testified that she knows that this church is where we can find the most happiness in our lives. She told the story of after the first time she came to church she went to her moms house and the first thing her mom said to her was "you look so happy". C realized that and knew it was because she came to church and has come to know that this is the best place to be. That true joy is found when we are coming closer to our Savior Jesus Christ. And I can testify of that myself. 
Look forward to pictures from her baptism next week. And keep C in your prayers this week as she continues to prepare and Satan will be trying to tempt her hard.

3 Nephi 19:25
And it came to pass that Jesus blessed them as they did pray unto him; and his countenance did smile upon them, and the light of his countenance did shine upon them..
The power of prayer is real!! I dont know about you but I would love to know that Jesus is smiling because of something I did. Pray to our Heavenly Father. He will be listening. And he will answer your prayers.
I hope you all have a wonderful week. Thanks for all the support.
Love, 
Sister Judd

No comments:

Post a Comment