Monday, October 7, 2013

Oct 7

Hey y'all! 
(that's as southern as it gets. Sadly I havent picked up an accent yet)
Another fabulous week has come and gone!! It was like Christmas here this past weekend. We got to go to the temple and listen to general conference!
I loved all the words that were spoken. They all touched me in different ways. But I wouldn't be a true missionary if I didn't talk about all the missionary work that was spoken of. It's still pretty surreal to me that I'm a missionary. That I was called to be here in Raleigh North Carolina and help invite others to come unto Christ. I love this work!! There truly is nothing that has brought me greater joy in life than seeing other peoples lives change because of the message that the true Church of Christ has been restored to the earth. And YOU can all feel that joy too! I know that there are opportunities to share the gospel put in our paths every single day. I challenge you all to open your eyes to those opportunities. Look for ways to serve others and act as Christ would and I promise you that you will feel so much more joy in your life.
We received a new investigator this week. Her name is C. The elders we share a ward with found her taught her the first lesson and then gave her to us to continue teaching. Well she is incredible!! She is 23 and recently divorced. Her ex husband didn't want anything to do with religion so she wasnt attending any church for many years. With this divorce and other circumstances in her life she has been very depressed. The elders knocked on her door and the rest has been history. Her life is truly changing and she is glowing more and more every time we see her. She has been able to find peace and happiness through our Savior Jesus Christ just like we all can. She has accepted to be baptized on October 19 and we are so excited for her!
There is a hurricane supposed to happen here this week. Hurricane Karen. We hope it brings in lots of storms. The rain and thunder storms here are incredible! Obviously we don't want any damage to happen but it would be pretty cool to be in a natural disaster. If you don't get an email next week from me you know why ;)
I hope you all have a wonderful week! May God bless you all! 
Thanks for all your love and support.
 -Sister Judd

No comments:

Post a Comment