Sunday, May 25, 2014

May 19

Hello! 

I hope you all have had a great week!! Things here are still great as ever. 

I experienced eating at Golden Corral for the first time ever this week. Golden Corral is a very loved place here in Garner. No one could believe that I had never been. So we went this week with our favorite Sister L and our friend A who is going on a mission soon. The food was just as I expected, not that good. But the company was great and the fresh cotton candy for dessert was worth the whole trip. 

I hit my 9 month mark this week. I am halfway!!! I can seriously not believe it. This has been the fastest 9 months ever. I still remember every detail of my first day like it was yesterday. And the time I have left is just going to go by even faster. I only have 9 more months left to be a missionary. Its pretty sad to think about. But I have high goals set for myself and I hope great things will come to pass over these next 9 months! 

Our investigator T is getting baptized on Saturday!! We are so excited for her. It has been a long time coming and a very interesting path with her but we are so excited she is finally entering into the waters of baptism! She has so much faith and has such a bright future ahead of her! We were really scared she wasnt going to show up for her baptism interview on Saturday. We hadnt talked to her for a couple days. We kept trying to call her but her phone was off. We knew she was working a night shift Friday night so we were really hoping she would still show up. We were waiting so anxiously for her  to come. She is working pretty much every saturday or sunday for the rest of forever so therefore if she didnt show up for her interview Saturday she couldnt be baptized this saturday and then who knows when she would have another weekend available. Basically it was very stressful for us and it was one of the happiest moments of my life when I saw her red car pulling into the church parking lot! Her interview went great and she is just gleaming with happiness and so excited to make this step. 

We had the great opportunity of going to a mission home fireside on Sunday. I dont know if I have talked about these before but its a fireside at our mission president house. Missionaries are only allowed to go if we bring someone who just got baptized, someone who is taking the lessons, or a less active member. Its a testimony meeting that gives these individuals a chance to bear their testimony and share their stories. It is one of my favorite things. Our mission president speaks for a little bit and then the time is opened up. It is always so incredible to hear the stories of how people came to know the church was true or the different trials people have to face and how the gospel is just amazing. Yesterday 2 girls bore their testimony. A 15 year old who was introduced to the church by her friends. She has been going to church for about 6 months now and has been meeting with the missionaries. Her parents though are extremely against the church and not supportive at all. Her testimony was absolutely amazing. Her faith is so strong and nothing will stop her from following Jesus Christ. Then we heard from a  girl who is 18. She just got baptized a couple weeks ago. She was in the same situation. She has been going to church for over 2 years but her parents were also against it. She stayed true to her beliefs and waited patiently until she was 18. She was baptized shorty after her birthday. These 2 girls had never met before. But for everyone in the room it was incredible to see the similarities and it was so awesome for the 15 year old to see someone who has gone through the same thing and could see that there is hope. I am so grateful for the blessing I received to be born into the church. I am grateful for wonderful parents who raised me in the church and taught me the gospel so I can know how I can return to live with my Heavenly Father again. I am grateful for these 2 girls and their incredible faith that was truly an inspiration to me. I just love this gospel so much. I probably say that all the time but its true. I would shout it from the rooftops if I could. There is no other way to true happiness in life, I promise. 

I love you all. Thanks for you support and encouragement. 

Sister Judd 

No comments:

Post a Comment