Monday, November 24, 2014

oct 6

Happy Monday! 

This week in North Carolina... 

I went on exchanges to Chapel Hill! Chapel Hill is a college town, home of UNC Chapel Hill. I was so amazed by how many people I saw. It has been a while since I have seen crowded streets and all that hustle and bustle. We rode the public buses all day and that was a fun adventure. You can always count on meeting the most interesting of characters on the public transit. So speaking of that.. The sisters there had been doing as we are supposed to, talking with everyone. As missionaries we are constantly talking with people and handing out Mormon.org cards and what not. So the sisters one night receive a call from this guy named Wayne. He explains that he was the guy they met on the bus and that he had gone home and looked upmormon.org and wanted to know more. This is something we love and wish everyone would do! The problem was, they had met so many people that day they couldnt remember who Wayne was. They set up a time to meet him outside a coffee shop and talk some more. So that meeting was while I was on exchange there. We rode the bus to downtown Chapel Hill and sat outside on the deck of a major coffee shop. Neither of us knew who we were looking for but we just sat there waiting for some guy named Wayne to come up to us. After a while he actually showed up and sat down. I have to admit, this was probably one of the most awkward circumstances I have ever been in. We talked to him for a while and answered some questions then set up another time to meet. Afterwards the sister I was with and I just couldn't help but bust up laughing. oh the fun of being a missionary! 

We taught a book of Mormon class this week! That was lots of fun. We are hoping this will be a way to find some people to teach. So far we have only had members show up but each week we will leave them the invitation to bring a friend to the next one! Hopefully this will bring success, and if not, its always uplifting to study from the Book of Mormon! 

We have been volunteering on a weekly basis at the assisted living facility that I talked about a few weeks ago. We are having so much fun with it! We have done all sorts of crafts and painted their nails. These old people sure are hilarious! You never know what they are going to say next! 

Remember Sarah from my birthday? She is the lady who told us that she has always wanted to read the Book of Mormon. Well we were able to go back this week and help her in her yard. We were also able to share a message about Christ. She is so sweet and we really hope she will progress! She has been through a lot in her life and we know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ could really help her! 

How about General Conference?! Was that not amazing of what. General conference happens every 6 months and its a time we get to hear our latter day prophet and his apostles speak to us! It was just the spiritual boost I needed! I have to say Elder Bednar's was probably my favorite! Missionary work is the BEST! If you would like to hear what a living prophet wants us to hear in this day and age you can see here

Well things are going well here. We are working hard to find people to teach! We went tracting yesterday between general conference sessions. Confession.. tracting is my least favorite thing to do ever! I try to avoid it at all costs but today it just had to be done. In my planner where we write everything we are going to do in the day I wrote.. "tract old barn neighborhood... because I love Jesus Christ!" I needed to give myself a little encouragement to knock on those doors with a smile. When I thought about my love for the savior and all that he did for me I wanted to tract all day long! I will do whatever Heavenly Father wants me to do because I love my Savior and I want to be the best that I can be for Him. And I want everyone else in the whole world to know that we have a Savior that suffered for us so we don't have to.  What are you willing to sacrifice because of your love for Jesus Christ? 

I love you all! 
Sister Judd 

No comments:

Post a Comment