Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Feb 22

Sooooo...... This is it. The last email you will ever receive from Sister Judd. 

And I have to admit.. I dont really know what to say. I dont know if words can really express how I feel. 

This week has been weird. It has been so good, and so hard. My emotions have been riding at the top of my throat and the second anyone said anything about going home or saying goodbye I choke up. 
My brain has been going a little something like this.. 
Oh yay, I get to see my family next week! But wait, next week I have to leave all my family in North Carolina. 
Thank goodness this is the last time ever I have to weekly plan. Oh, this is also the last time I can just show up at someones house, invite myself in, share a scripture and change their whole day. 
I will get to watch tv! But how could tv be better than sitting around with a companion and laughing so hard we are crying quoting the district to each other? 
You get the picture.. I am sooo happy to go home. But I am also sooo sad to leave. 

My mission here in north Carolina has changed my life forever. I will thank God every day for the experiences He has given me here. I have learned so much and grown in ways I never would have imagined possible. Now it is time to return home and use the skills he has given me, grow in even more ways, and experience more of the wonderful events life has to offer. I am so grateful for a loving Father in Heaven. 

I know that God lives. I know that Jesus is the Christ. I have a testimony that Jesus Christ lived and died for us. He had a hard life so we dont have to. I am grateful for the Atonement in my life. I am grateful for the days and moments I have had to fully rely on the grace of Jesus Christ because I just couldn't do it on my own. I am blessed beyond measure to have the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I know without a shadow of a doubt that Joseph Smith restored Christs church back to the earth today. How blessed I feel to have  been able to share that message with the people of North Carolina for the past 18 months. I am grateful for the courage that young  Joseph had to follow the promptings of the spirit. To not deny what he knew to be true. I love the Book of Mormon! I know, because it has happened in my own life, that anyone will become closer to God if they read the Book of Mormon and apply the teachings in their life. I know that Joseph Smith saw God the father and Jesus Christ and that through him priesthood keys were restored back to the earth. I  know that the priesthood is real and that the powers and keys of the priesthood are within reach. They are found here in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter- Day Saints. Because of this I know that I can be with my family forever. I know that I return to live with God someday and live in never ending happiness! This testimony is the reason I got up every single day at 6:30 am for 18 months. It is the reason I still smile after being threatened, harassed, embarrassed, and rejected time and time again. It brings me joy beyond all joy and peace like no other and it can and will do the same for you! I know it. God loves you! 

I cant say thank you enough for the love and prayers and support you have all shown me in the last 18 months. It has truly been felt. 

Love, 
Sister Judd 



No comments:

Post a Comment