Sunday, February 8, 2015

jan 26

Hello!

We were talking to our bishop yesterday and he asked "how are you sisters doing?" Our reply "We are doing great!" And then we all laughed and made jokes about how that's the only answer we ever give. Even if we might be having a bad day, or a bad week in the eyes of everyone else we are great! It can be exhausting at times but here is to another great week! 

Last week on Saturday night we were doing our regular rounds trying to visit people. We arrived at one home of a less active woman and her husband who isn't a member. I have knocked on that door probably 20 times since being here in Durham and never have caught them home. Well we caught them rushing out the door. We quickly introduced ourselves and asked if there was a better time we could come back. The non member husband then replied " We are both off work Monday". We were so shocked. Usually the response is "We will call you" Or just straight up no. They wanted us to come back in 2 days!! We said how about 7. Then to our even greater amazement they said, well that's close to dinner time, wanna come for dinner? Umm.. YES! 
So on Monday we enjoyed a great dinner with this amazing couple. We hope to be able to continue to keep a great relationship with them! 

We had a great lesson with our investigator Wendi who is the friend of Sister Yeates. She opened up to us about how she doesnt have a belief in Jesus Christ but that she would like to have one. We taught her about the plan of salvation and the need for a Savior. We talked about the atonement and the power it could have in her life. It was a wonderful lesson and her faith was definitely increased. Now we just hope and pray that as she reads and prays she will be able to know for herself! 

Invitiation Sunday happened yesterday! I was asked last minute to give a talk in sacrament meeting. Then Sister Muder and I taught Sunday school. It was a little crazy and busy but it was a fabulous event! Not as many people came and we would have like but lots of people were invited and some did come so we are marking it as a success! 

We got the most amazing news this week that we are having a general authority visit on February 20th. 5 days before I leave. And who is it? The one and only Elder D. Todd Christofferson. I was soo happy. Let me explain why.. In October 2013 Elder Christofferson went to Bakersfield and called my dad to be the Stake President. A few weeks later I received a personal letter from him telling me about the weekend and thanking me for my service. Now I get to meet the man himself in person right before I go home! I mean, he has spent more time with my family in the past 18 months than I have. I just feel like a tiny amount of a personal connection to him and I am excited for him to visit! 

I hope you all have as great of a week as I will be having! 

Love, 
Sister Judd 

No comments:

Post a Comment