Monday, February 10, 2014

Feb 10

Hello!!
Well I finished my last week here in Wake Forest.. It is so bittersweet.
Transfers are tomorrow and we are pretty anxious!
Luckily there are perks to serving in the same ward with the assistants to president. I found out where I am going..
I will be serving in Garner, North Carolina! It is a country town about an hour away. I dont know much about it. But the one and only Scotty McCreery (american idol country singer) is from Garner NC so I have high hopes I will be converting a celebrity. I am excited for the new adventure! Also another perk, I already know my new address.
The first week of transfers is always hard so opening up a mailbox to mail would really help me out.. (wink wink)
I had a missionary moment I will remember forever this week. We work with a less active named Sister R. She is the BEST! Well she is a very simple country woman who doesnt have much. She has her cats and thats all she needs. She doesn't like a lot of attention or have many friends. It was her birthday on Saturday and we knew we had to do something special for her. We were looking forward to it all week. We threw her a little birthday party. We had gone to the dollar store and picked up some birthday hats and party blowers. We got cupcakes and candles. We got her a present of a picture of Christ in a frame and some flowers. It all went as planned and it was the best birthday party ever! She was so appreciative as I am sure she hasnt celebrated her birthday in a long time. Luckily her mom had come over so the 4 of us had the best time. It is the simple things that make life so great! Included is a picture of me and Sister R. A woman I will remember forever.

I am sorry for the short email! I will hopefully have lots of exciting things to say next week!
I want to share with you all a scripture that really stuck out to em this week as I was reading the best book ever, The Book of Mormon.
Mosiah 4:9 Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend.
God is our loving Heavenly Father! Trust in His will! Doubt not, fear not!
I love you all! 
Thank you for all the love and support! 
And thanks for all the letters in advance! ;)
Love, 
Sister Judd 

No comments:

Post a Comment