Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Feb 25

Hello!!
Wow! This place surprises me more and more everyday!!! 
The work here is out of control! You probably wont understand but in case you do let me do some comparisons.. 
In my last area we went over 2 months without a new investigator.. In the 2 weeks I have been here we have gotten 7 new investigators. In my last area by the end of the week we were lucky to have 15 lessons. The week hasn't even begun yet and we have 16 lessons scheduled. 
Let me just say.. It is so nice to not have to stress about finding things to do during the day! 
I am finally really loving Garner and the people here. It was so hard to leave Wake Forest, especially the people, but I am coming to love this place just as much!
One of our new investigators we got this week is M. She was a media referral. Which means she went on to Mormon.org and requested a visit by missionaries. We were pretty excited to go and meet her. We scheduled an appointment and met with her. She is so wonderful! She is going through a really hard time right now. She has 3 kids (the youngest being 4 months old) with her boyfriend of 14 years. Her landlord just told her that they are selling her house so she has to move out. Well she is currently without a job and is going to leave her boyfriend because he has recently spiraled downhill. She is ready to make a change in her life and is looking for a church to start over. She wanted a church that was a big community and second family that would be a great place to raise kids. She told us that she was talking with her Jewish mother and her mom told her that she needed to learn about the mormon church. They have a lot of family who is mormon and they see the good example that they are and M has decided she wants that for herself and her kids. Needless to say she is awesome and is so ready to progress. She has her head and straight and is going in the right direction! We love her so much already!
Nothing else too exciting here happened this week. The weather has been nice, Sister Langarica is so sweet, The Book of Mormon is true, and the work is hastening!
I love the scripture Moroni 10:23
And Christ truly said unto our fathers: If ye have faith ye can do all things which are expedient unto me.

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us!! I am grateful for the times I have had to rely on Christ to get me through a day or two. I am grateful for trials and for the growth that comes to each of us because of them. I know that we are here for a reason. We go through the things we do for a reason. 
I love the Hymn "Come, Come Ye Saints" A line that stuck out to me is "Though hard to you this journey may appear, Grace shall be as your day." Rely on Christ. Let the wonderful power of the atonement carry you through your journey.
I love you all. Thank you for all your love and support.
Sister Judd
Pics: 
Sorry this is the only picture thus far of Sister Langarica and I. 
More pics from transfer day. This is Sister Fullmer, Sister Wilde(sister Fullmers companion before me), the W family(minus D the dad) and myself. One of my favorite groups of people!




No comments:

Post a Comment