Monday, February 10, 2014

Feb 3

Happy Monday!!
I saw a funny meme this week that said "oh its monday night, I forgot to check my missionary's email.. said no missionary mom ever" ha.
I got the big news this week... I'm getting transferred!!! On February 11 I will be headed somewhere new.. I have no idea where or who my companion will be and wont know until the day of. The anticipation might kill me! But all is well. 
Its very bittersweet... I love this area and these wards SO MUCH! I can not even begin to put into words how grateful I am for everything I have experienced while serving here and will be eternally grateful for the knowledge I have gained. It breaks my heart to leave these people I have gave everything I have to for the past 6 months. But at the same time I am excited for new doors to knock on and new people to meet and more lessons to learn!
We have had a great week! It started off by teaching this girl named Y. She is Vietnamese. Her parent have lived here for about 10 years now. Their daughter, Y, who is 14 finally was permitted by the country to move here. There family is finally together again after being apart for 10 years! could you imagine? Anyways, her parents got baptized about a year ago and now they want Y to be baptized. The only problem is that she knows basically no english. So we are going to start teaching her english along with the gospel. It will be so much fun. They are some of the most loving Christ-like people I have ever met.
We also got to go support M's son E in his spelling bee this week. I am not the slightest bit exaggerating when I say E is the smartest 11 year old I know. Anyways he made it to the school wide spelling bee so we had to go. Talk about stressful!! It was so very sad to see the poor kids get out. All their hopes and dreams were crushed by the simplest misspelling of one word. E came in 3rd place so that was good for him. It was a fun event. I dont want to even talk about how hard it will be to say goodbye to M and E and M...
It snowed again this week!! And this time is really snowed. We got probably 4 inches. It was perfect! Not too much to be totally annoying but enough to make everything look beautiful. North Carolina doesnt have anything in ways of clearing snow.. No snow plows or anything. So when it snows the whole town shuts down. School was closed from tuesday-friday. There way of dealing with snow is to just close everything and let it melt.. Everyone from the ward warned us and told us to stay inside because the roads were going to be awful. Well that didnt stop us. Luckily Sister Spiel is from Idaho so I trusted her driving. We were able to work through it the whole time. And Sister Spiel couldn't resist doing a couple donuts in the church parking lot before district meeting on wednesday.. shh dont tell. It was lots of fun. We have experienced the best weather together!
On wednesday after district meeting we went with the other set of sister missionaries (who we love!) to target to get hot chocolate. While we were sitting and waiting two boys, J and J, walked in. Mind you the whole town is still in shut down so Target is pretty desolate. One of the Sisters, Sister Bowers, went up to talk to them while we were waiting. Their conversation lasted more than a couple seconds so we all went to join. Turns out these two 19 year old boys meet at target every week to work on their music. They are aspiring rappers who are trying to make rap music with good messages so kids can listen to music with meaning. Well we got to talking and they were very interested in what we had to say. One of the boys actually met and talked with the elders in our ward just a couple weeks ago. Well we ended up teaching them the whole restoration lesson. It was such a neat experience. It was fun to be the group of 4 of us teaching them and it was so fun to see their faith increase and questions they have wondered forever about be answered as we shared this life changing message with them. We shared contact information and hope to meet up with them again soon!
We had a rough day Thursday.. Whole town was still shut down and every single one of our appointments cancelled. We had absolutely nothing to do. What happens when all plans fail? You knock doors. Even though we really aren't supposed to in this area, for the first time on my mission we went into a neighborhood and went door to door. well it sucked and was not successful. But hey, seeds were planted. And I am grateful I survived Thursday. 
We had a wonderful experience at church on Sunday. When I first got to this area we went and visited a less active lady. She had been very deeply offended by some members in the ward and went through a rough divorce. The first time I saw her she shut the door in our faces and wanted nothing to do with us or with the church. Well we kept stopping by. Yesterday, this same woman who once shut the door on me, went up in front of the whole congregation including some of those who have hurt her and bore her testimony of the restored gospel and of Jesus Christ. Visit after visit we saw her faith increase. She has been able to find strength in the Atonement and in the love our Savior has for each of us. She now has become one of my closest friends and I love her so very much. She is on her way back to full activity and is working on getting back to the temple. Miracles happen, and God loves his children so very much!!
I love the work of the Lord. I love being a missionary. Rejection hurts, stress is overwhelming, and days can be long but the knowledge and experiences are worth every sacrifice.
I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I love the Book of Mormon! Read it, it will change your life. I promise!
Thank you for all the love and support!
love, 
Sister Judd 

No comments:

Post a Comment