Saturday, March 8, 2014

Mar 3

Hello Again! 
These weeks sure do fly by!
We are keeping very busy here in Garner. Its a wonderful thing!
I was able to go on exchanges this week with my sister leaders. (it is nice to not have that responsibility anymore). I went to the wonderful area of Fuquay-Varina. It was a lot of fun. I am so amazed everytime I go on exchanges. I walk into these peoples houses who I have never met before but immediately I just have so much love for them and want to be able to help them come closer to Christ anyway I can. I truly see and feel the love Christ has for all of his children everyday.  I have to say probably one of my favorites parts about being a missionary is all the great people I am blessed to meet and love and serve.
We had interviews with our wonderful mission president this week. These happen every 3 months. I love them! For this interview we were to come prepared with 1 scripture that has helped us as disciples of Jesus Christ. And then one "Weapon of Rebellion", like found in Alma23:14, that we are going to ‘bury’ to help us be a better Representative of Christ. The scripture I chose was the one I shared with you all last week. Moroni 10:23. It has helped me know that I can do hard things! AKA a mission, the hardest thing i've ever done. ha. But when we have that steady faith in Christ and rely on Him we can do all things, and we can do hard things! And the weapon of war I have chosen to bury is negativity. The power of a positive attitude makes all the difference! I have experienced that first hand. We determine out attitude. We determine our happiness. Yeah, we might not be where we want to be or going through things we would have chosen. But when we choose to look on the bright side and see the blessings all around us we can be happy and find joy, even in the worst of trials. I am learning this first hand, trust in the Lord, have that hope and faith that all things are done in the wisdom of our all wise and all knowing loving Heavenly Father.
Some exciting news... Ever heard of Gladys Knight? Well guess who is coming to my town on April 26 and 27. The one and only Gladys Knight. Gladys is a member of the church and has been set apart as a music missionary. She has a LDS choir and does tours around the US putting on firesides for missionary opportunity's. Every year she does a tour through the bible belt. Well after being on a waiting list for 2 years she finally is coming to Durham. And the Apex, Raleigh, and Durham stake are putting it together. She will do 4 shows here. And they are strictly missionary centered. She wants most of the audience to be non members and less actives. She has rearranged some of our hymns and songs to make them, her own. She performs and shares her testimony and basically gives the first 3 lessons from what I hear. They say that 40% of the non members there will request a Book of Mormon or missionary visit after the concert because that is how moving it is. We are super excited! In order to get a free ticket you have to put in a request and basically qualify for it. So from now until April we are trying to ask everyone we meet if they would like to go to a free Gladys Knight concert at our church. Then we just have to get their information and then we will submit for them to get a ticket. It will be tons of fun and a new exciting way to share the gospel! It is perfect time for her to come because the Book of Mormon musical just left Durham. We know this will be a success!
I hope you all have a wonderful week and God bless!! 
Thanks for all your continued love and support!
Love, 
Sister Judd 

No comments:

Post a Comment