Monday, July 21, 2014

july 14

Hello hello!! 

We had a much better week this week! Thank goodness. And thank you all for your prayers for Kyle Treu. He is still recovering but has made a lot of progress. You can look at the blog his wife set up kyletreu.blogspot.com to read the whole story and see the updates. 

I had a little tender mercy this week. I needed to go to the dentist for a regular check up. The dentist I was told to go was located in raleigh, practically in my last area. So I went to the dentist and then I had arranged to meet up with my favorite person Sister W for lunch after. It was soo nice to be able to see her and her cute kids again. Just like old times! Then she told me that Sister R's (another favorite) mom was about to pass away and that she would love to see me. So I got to go see her as well. It was so much fun and great to catch up. Not very often you get the chance to go back to a previous area! 

We went on exchanges with the Spanish speaking sister this week. I went to their area to be Hermana Judd for the day. It was a  lot of fun even though I had no idea what was going on half of the time. We went to one lesson and they had a 1 year old son. I couldnt teach any part of the lesson because I know no Spanish but i knew my role being there was to entertain the little boy so the parents could fully pay attention to the lesson being given by my companion. I was also able to enjoy a very good authentic mexican dinner complete with some delicious flan. 
I am grateful for the wonderful language of English that I get to share the gospel in! 

We had a crazy Sunday! I was asked last week to give a talk in Sacrament meeting. My topic was on the Constitution of the United States and how that played a role in the restoration of the gospel. It was an interesting topic and a little bit of a challenge for me. But I am grateful for what I was able to learn and it went well. I would send you a copy but it is handwritten. Maybe I will get around to typing it. We also were asked to teach sharing time in Primary. We had a good time with that. We also had 4 investigators come to church and it seemed like everyone in the ward needed something from us. I felt like a chicken running with my head cut off for those 3 hours but it was a great day! 

We are having so much success I am just so excited to wake up everyday! 
Our investigator T is getting baptized next week. She is the 14 year old girl who attended the Gladys Knight fireside. We love her so much! She has been such a blessing to be able to teach. She as come so far and has such a light in her eyes now! She is loving everything about the gospel and just soaking it all in. We are so excited for her baptism! 
We are also teaching a woman named M. She is 66 years old. She lived next door to a member who introduced us. She is such a sweet lady. She is loving everything about the gospel. She has a desire to be baptized but currently has a problem with smoking. She has cut down from smoking 7 cigarettes a day to 4 in less than a week. We have grown such a close connection with her. We are on the phone with her often being her cheerleaders to help her quit. We are hoping she can quit by this weekend so she can be baptized august 2nd
We are also teaching a man named C. He is the brother of a member. He lives with her because he has dimensia. He just recently expressed a desire to come to church and learn about the gospel so we have been teaching him. It has been a very humbling experience. Even though he doesnt remember a whole lot there is a light in his eyes every time we teach him and a desire to learn more. We are working with him very patiently and are excited every time we see some progress. 
We are still teaching S. Things are going well. We are just waiting for her to receive answers to some of her questions. Sometimes we just have to be patient. 

Life is good out here in the great NC. Despite the humidity and all the bugs. It may often feel like I am living in the rain forest most of the time, I wouldnt have it any other way. 

I am so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ. I love the Book of Mormon more than words could ever express. I know that God loves me and that he loves YOU! 

Thanks for all your love and support! 

Love, 
Sister Judd 

No comments:

Post a Comment