Monday, July 21, 2014

june 30

Hello!!

I hope you all are doing well as I sit over here and am just blown away that it is already the last day of June!! Where is time going?! 

This will be a shorter email. My apologies. 

We had a great week! We are having lots of success. We were able to find 3 new investigators and taught lots of lessons! 

One morning we had appointments all lined up. They all fell through, nothing new. So we decided to go tracting! We picked a street and just couldn't decide where to start. I was driving and Sister Treu said that she would close her eyes and when she said stop that was the house we would go to. The spirit can work in many ways right? So we got the house and parked the car and walked up. We are teaching a lesson to our zone on Tuesday about having a vision and seeing people as they can become, not as who they are now. We decided we should put an extra emphasis on it ourselves so we can know what we are saying when we teach. Well this lady answers the door. She is wearing a tank top, has multiple tattoos, and has red spiky hair. The spirit immediately came over me and I could see her dressed in white in preparation for baptism. We started talking to her and she told us that she was a minister and she wasn't interested. But for some reason I was not going to take no for an answer! We continued talking and asked if we could meet and maybe just share beliefs with each other. She agreed and we were able to make an appointment to come back the next day. I am grateful for that experience. In previous times I probably would have just asked if she knew if anyone might be interested and then walked away. But when I could see this woman as a daughter of God who needs the saving ordinances of baptism and confirmation I was going to do all I could to be able to meet with her. I hope to be able to do this always. For the rest of my life. Everyone is a child of God and we should treat them so. We were able to go back the next day to teach P. We had a great visit and will be going back again. 

We were also able to have a special experience this week. We were visiting with a lady in the ward who we love very much. She was having her friend come over. She told us before hand that the doctors just told him that he had 8 months to live. He is dying from prostate cancer. He isnt a member of the church but has very high feelings towards the church from experiences in his life. He came over and shared his story with us. We were able to teach him a short lesson and bear our testimonies. This might be the last time he ever hears about Gods plan. I couldn't help but become emotional while we were talking. I wanted to be able to just tell him everything I knew and reassure him that everything will be okay. It was a very great experience and made me so grateful to be out here sharing this message! It is such an amazing thing to be on the Lords errand. I love being a missionary! 
To learn more about Gods plan read here .

Well I hope you all have a great week!

Love, 
Sister Judd 

No comments:

Post a Comment