Thursday, September 4, 2014

Aug 18

Hello!!! 

Guess what happened this week... This sister celebrated her 1 year mark!! 
I CAN NOT believe it has already been a year. I can honestly say 100% that this has been the fastest year of my life! And it has been the best year FOR my life. I cant say its been the easiest year, but it has truly been amazing. I wouldnt change it for the world. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be here in North Carolina serving my Heavenly Father.  Of course it was a day to celebrate. Sister Treu made me a special breakfast and served me all day long. Can I just say how grateful I am for a good companion? Makes life so nice. Anyways, we had a great day. I had been craving a Jello cake for a while and so no better day to have one then on the special occasion. If you have never had jello cake I highly recommend you looking it up and making it asap. We brought it to one of our favorite members houses, the Wiggins, and they celebrated with us. The rest of the day was filled with normal missionary activities. Including being rejected and yelled at, but that's what makes everything exciting right? Its not a good missionary day in the south if you don't get torn down by a baptist preacher. 

C got interviewed for Baptism and all went well! He will be baptized this Saturday!!! His interview was quite tense. It lasted for an hour, longest interview of my life. But all is well and we are so excited! He walked out with the biggest smile on his face and I felt like a proud mom! Yes sorta weird that I felt like a proud mom to a 60 year old man but hey, we have put in a lot to teach him. And it all paid off! He is just the sweetest. 

We had a great experience this week. 
We were just finishing up dinner with a member and were headed out on exchange. We had somebody planned to see but as we were pulling out of the driveway she stopped the car. She explained that she felt that we needed to go stop by her neighbor. She didnt know why she had the feeling but she asked us to say a prayer to make sure it was right. We said the prayer and then walked across the street to the house. Her kind neighbor Jenny opened the door and let us right in. We began talking and the member introduced us as the missionaries. We were able to to talk with her and explain a little bit about who we are and what we do. We then asked if we could come back and share more about what we believe. She accepted. We were able to go back for another lesson and it went so well! She had told us when we got their that she had gone onto mormon.org and found answers to her questions! We taught her the Plan of Salvation and she said it all made sense. It was incredible. Jenny is expecting her second child in just a few weeks and so far her husband is supportive and will hopefully join in on the lessons. They have been searching for a church to go to. This was a testimony to me of how members and missionaries are supposed to work together!! Listen to those promptings brothers and sisters! 

M took a couple steps back this week. She still quit smoking but we realized she just isnt ready yet. We need to take more time and teach her a little bit slower. We are going to keep teaching her and hopefully she will be baptized in September! 

The Book of Mormon has been a focus for me for a little while now. I just cant say enough how much I love the Book of Mormon. It is another testament of Jesus Christ. I know that you will become closer to God if you read it and abide by its precepts. We watched this mormon message this week and I just cant help but sharing. Take 5 minutes to watch it. I promise you wont regret it. 

This gospel is TRUE!! God doesnt want us to be lost, so he has blessed us with a prophet. He has blessed us with families. He has blessed us with the knowledge of a plan. A plan that can give us hope for a better tomorrow. I love my Savior and I know he died for me and for you!  

What will you do to make a difference in the world this week? 

Thanks for all your love and support!! 

Love, 
Sister Judd 

No comments:

Post a Comment