Thursday, September 4, 2014

Aug 25

Hello!

Well I guess I should say the best news first, C got baptized!! 
Man, it was such a special day. He was so excited and it was so sweet to see that he knew he was making the right choice. We were able to have a lot of non members attend which is always a good thing! Baptisms always provide such a sweet spirit. I cant thank my Heavenly Father enough for providing me with this experience to witness this man come to Christ. 

We went on exchanges this week. I went to Fuquay Varina. I had a great time there. It is so much fun to be able to go around and meet so many incredible people! There is just special things that come with being a missionary that you just cant put into words. The love that you feel for people and the love that you feel from people is one of them. I can feel my time in Garner coming to an end. Which makes the end of my mission feel even closer. And its not a good feeling. I have been trying to soak of every minute of this very special time I have to be a representative of Jesus Christ and to be here in North Carolina sharing the gospel. 

Every third Thursday our ward council gathers together and then we go out and do ministering visits to people in the ward. I always love doing this! Usually Sister Treu and I split up and go out with one of the relief society members. This week it wasnt so. In the nicest way possible the single adult rep in our ward is a little bit crazy. Love her, but she is crazy.  Well she needed someone to go with her and who gets nominated.. me! I happily agreed because thats what missionaries do but secretly inside I was a little bit sad I didnt get to go with a member that I have a good relationship with. We get in the car and head to the house of the person we were going to visit. She welcomes us right in and we sit down. I look around at my surroundings, here I am with two old single ladies who are both cat lady hoarders. The smell isnt very nice and all they are talking about is cats and the 1960's. I then remember a quote I read just a few days earlier while visiting in Fuquay. It reads " Remember that you can miss a lot of good things in life by having the wrong attitude". I was quickly reminded by the spirit that I needed to change my attitude. I obeyed and what do you know.. it ended up being such a great night! We had a great time chatting and I got to learn about what Garner was like long ago. After the visit the sweet sister wanted to go get ice cream. She opened up to me about her life and I now see why she might be a little bit crazy. She hasnt had it easy but she sure has done a great job with what she has been given. I am grateful for all the lessons I am able to learn in every situation. I know that a good attitude makes all the difference! 

I hope you all have a great week! 

Love, 
Sister Judd 

No comments:

Post a Comment