Thursday, September 4, 2014

Sept 2

Hello one and all!! 

Well its safe to say that miracles never cease!! 
It was a week full of miracles.

So you all remember T? She was baptized back in May. Well I havent mentioned anything about her since for a reason. You see, after her wonderful spirit filled baptism and confirmation she disappeared. She walked out of the church building after church the day of her confirmation and we never saw her again. It became something that has been a huge stress to me. We called, we texted, members called and texted, we fasted, we prayed, we had our whole district pray, we stopped by her house at least once a week, members stopped by, we left numerous notes. Basically we tried absolutely everything and had no success. She didnt return anything and never answered her door. We had no idea what had happened. And the biggest problem was that because we hadnt seen her since the day of her confirmation we were never able to get her baptism record filled out therefore the church couldnt recognize that she had been baptized therefore she would have to be baptized again if she ever came back. It was a huge MESS. This is basically a missionaries worse nightmare. And it really has been bothering me. I felt like it was all my fault. Luckily we have had such huge support from our members in trying to help us. I couldnt help but feeling though, what did I do wrong? Well now here comes the good part. It was Thursday morning and we had just finished up a visit near T's house. The member we were with then said "should we drive by T's house?" Sure we replied. This was something all too familiar to us. We drove up and bam! T was in the backyard mowing her lawn. My heart immediately sank into my stomach. She couldnt see us. We immediately said a prayer and asked that the spirit would guide us as to what we should do. Since Sister Treu has never even met T I knew I needed to take the lead. I started walking towards her not knowing what she was going to do. Was she gonna yell at us to get away? was she gonna be angry? was she gonna be happy? One could never know. I walk up and then she sees me. The first thing that I could say was "can I take over mowing your lawn for you?" She then gets this look of relief on her face and says no, she wouldnt make me do that in a skirt. We then talk for a second and the our very sweet saintly member with us who mind you is 63 years old says "I will mow the lawn, you go inside and talk with the sisters". T agreed. We hesitantly left our sweet member out in the hot sun to mow the lawn while we went inside. We got to talk with T. Luckily she wasnt angry, she wasnt mad, she was very grateful to see us. After we got all caught up on life she went on to tell us the struggles she has been facing and that her crazy job schedule has kept her away. She then expressed that she felt guilty for being gone and she didnt know how to come back. We expressed our love and how much we had all missed her. We had a great visit AND were able to get her baptism papers all filled out. To tell you that this was truly a miracle is an understatement. I cant even begin to tell you how much love, and happiness, and relief filled my soul being able to visit with T this week. I KNOW that Heavenly Father answers our prayers, in his own timing. 

Another miracle.. We have this wonderful investigator N. She loves the church and everything she is learning. She has great desires to follow Jesus Christ and she knows the church is true. There is just one problem, her husband does not feel the same. He is completely against the church and has really been a struggle to get through for a while now. This week we were in a lesson with N and guess who came home early from work? Her husband. We all saw his car pull up and we all got a little scared. What was he going to do? (he doesnt have the greatest background on being nice to missionaries and people from the church). He came inside and saw us and then walked back out. N then said that she was going to invite him inside so we could talk with him. I was preparing myself to take some verbal hits. Well he came inside and was very nice. He greeted us. N then told us what she wanted us to tell him. They then got into a little quarrel but he agreed to try out the church 3 times. Try out the church?!! This was huge. After speaking with him for a moment he went back out. We knew he had made progress. We had a ward pig pickin yesterday and they both came! He went out and played football with the guys and had a great time. We are grateful for this HUGE step we were able to make. 

Rember A and L? The two cute boys baptized back in April. Well they are doing very well. Their mom has a very difficult job and has been struggling with it for a long while. She has to work late hours and sometimes on Sundays. It has affected them being able to come to church and do all they are supposed to. We have been praying real hard that she would be able to find a new job. And this week she was offered a position and will now be able to make her own schedule, not work weekends, be less stressed, and get paid more!! This is a huge blessing for their family. 

I talked I think last week about our new investigator J. She had her sweet baby girl this week. We have been able to arrange meals to be brought to their house. Her husband, who we have been unable to meet told one of the members "I didnt know people still did things like this". He mother in law who is staying with her we also found out was being taught by missionaries a few years ago and has been greatly touched by the kindness they have received. I have a feeling their search for a new church will be ending at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints very shortly!! 

I am grateful to be able to see the hand of the Lord in many ways this week! 

In other news, I found out this week that I am being transferred... enter many many tears... This is SO HARD!! I love Garner more than I can even express!!! I am grateful for all these miracles that have happened and know that it is my time to go but it doesnt make it any easier. I will miss this place more than I can say. 
I have no idea where I am going or who my companion is going to be. I am quite nervous. Things cant get much better than they are now. All I know is that I am staying a sister leader, once again. Transfers are a week from today, on the 9th. PRAY FOR ME! 

So I made mention earlier about the ward pig pickin.. Anyone have a clue what that is? Its a true southern party. You all might call it a BBQ. Here in the south they get a full giant pig. And cook it on a pig cooker all day long. Then you have to break it apart and get everything edible, including the pig skins. Then you mince it up the meat and pour some vinegar based bbq sauce on it and wala, you have amazing meat! Then everyone gather together and brings sides and you have a delicious meal! It was so much fun! I thanked them all for throwing me a giant party before I get transferred :) 

Well I hope you all have a great week!! 
I know I will!

Much love, 
Sister Judd 

No comments:

Post a Comment